TUESDAY, MARCH 3
700-830 PM – OKOTOKS PUBLIC LIBRARY MEETING ROOM
Things that will be discussed:
1) TRACK BUILD – LOTS of information to be shared regarding the status with Town and plans to have track built for May 1/15
a. Opportunity to provide input on the guts of the track build ie: rollers/table tops etc. Over the last few years we have very limited to no feedback when we have asked our members for feedback so here is the final and last chance to provide some much requested member feedback! Please see attached “idea” of what that track could potentially look like as posted on facebook, the footprint is relatively how it will be, however the guts is what we are looking to obtain some member input on – please take the next few weeks and jot down some of your ideas we can take away from at the meeting so we can move forward with the final blueprints as soon as possible. We are particularly looking to our older more experienced riders to provide some input. As well please feel free to email your thoughts as well to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org from now until the meeting also.
b. Please note: As most of you know we have been trying to build this track for many, many years – to ensure we are able to have this track built and ready to ride for our 2015 season things are now going to move quickly!!! It’s been a long haul, but we are almost there!!
2) REGISTRATION We will have our debit machine and registration packages on hand to accept 2015 registrations as well – please ensure you bring a postdated chq $200/rider (or enquire on the family minimum required for 3 or more riders in one family) – TO CONFIRM – REGISTRATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED IN FULL WITHOUT A POST DATED VOLUNTEER CHQ ON FILE!!
****This year EVERY member will have a confirmed volunteer postdated chq on file before we even start our season and they WILL be cashed if volunteer requirements are not met shortly after our annual season end awards night – we will be going over this in detail as well at the meeting. With the track build, golf tourney and casino this year – ample, ample opportunity to fulfil your volunteer requirement before rubber even hits the track! Along with of course all the required volunteer positions needed to run our race and practice nights, work bees during the season etc.
3) CASINO!! We have our casino date – Saturday, Aug 1 and Sunday August 2, 2015 (yes long weekend) this is a HUGE piece of our funds required to maintain/run the track over the next few years. Work one casino night has ALL volunteer requirements for one rider for the whole season!! Signup sheet will be available at this meeting.
4) COACHING – we have some amazing things planned for the 2015 season – not only split level coaching (beginner/advanced competition) but also a few amazing week-end training camps planned! We have a new coaching director this year, Mr. Brulan Kroon who as most of you know is one heck of a rider himself should be on hand for you to drill yourselves on what his plans are for the year! We have also been advised that our beloved Coach Marco will be at the track once in a while to offer his assistance to Coach Brulan as well! Let’s ensure we all give Brulan an amazing welcome, this is one of the biggest jobs to take on as a volunteer position! Welcome Brulan!
5) GOLF TOURNEY!! Okotoks BMX/KidSport Okotoks Charity Fundraising Golf Tourney!! Afternoon of Mon, Sept 21/15 - Full registration package/sponsorship info on hand, as well will have the opportunity to lock in your team/spot or sponsorship before all goes public (debit machine will be on hand)– this tourney was a HUGE success and talked about for weeks afterwards last year. We are anticipating this tourney to be sold out very quickly!!
a. Raffle tix will also be available to hand out for chance to win Rock Star team – one book of 10 tix ($20/tix) will earn you HALF of your required volunteer credits for one rider – sell two books (that’s only 20 raffle tix) and there’s your full volunteer requirements for one rider right there!
Here is your opportunity to obtain all info to date, provide input and ask any questions that you may have accumulated over the last few months – as many board members that can be, will be on hand to work the room and provide some one on one chats.
Your friendly neighbourhood Okotoks BMX board members